This page provides links to web pages or pdf files that document the creative and scholarly work of April Durham, a media scholar, visual artist, and creative writer.
Selected Scholarly Works
- “Networked Bodies: Orchestrating Trans-Subjectivity in the Work of Natalie Bookchin.” Art Journal (Fall 2013): 66-81.
- “We Have Built You: on the ‘Nature’ of Artificial Intelligence in Blade Runner and Babylon Babies.” Forum Journal 16 (2013): 40-54.
- “Reviewing Rodarte: Topographies of Collaborative Thinking.” 2011. Critical Digital Humanities.
Selected Creative Publications
- Things Lost: a three-part poem. 2009. Wicked Alice Journal.
- An Inconclusive Visit Among Strangers. 2009. Midway Journal.
- Common Objects. with Olive Martin. 2006. Beyond Baroque Press and éditions joca seria (French translation).
- The Hunt in The South: A Venture Unsolicited. Groundspace project, November 2013. with Pam Strugar. Sculpture and film installation.
- Terminus Nodus: Opportunistic Departures to the Virtual Bridge. Riverside Arts Project Space, Riverside CA, June 2010 and Kellogg Gallery Cal Poly Pomona, November 2010. with Multipoint. Installation work, size varies. (please turn up the sound on your computer for the full experience of this work).
- Heirophanic Peepshow. Small Wonder Studios, May 2007. with Multipoint. Installation work, size varies.
- Américains d’Amérique. 2005. with Olive Martin. Artists’ Book published by Galerie MaisonNeuve, Paris. edition of 10.
Selected Art Works
- Portfolio with selected drawings and short films.
- Les Sirènes et ses amours: a component of “The Hunt in the South.”
- Signs that Might be Wonders. 2011-13 (under construction)
- The Trauma of Becoming Christian Bale. 2010.